There’s a new Pesto Princess in town – Basil & Chilli (dairy free and full of all the deliciousness). I am and have always been a serious pesto fan, and when it comes to the leaders of the pack, Pesto Princess is an obvious choice. After a long day of chasing kids around (or whatever other jobs we dedicate ourselves to), coming home and being able to throw together a big bowl of goodness is exactly what we need! That is why this five-ingredient, twenty-minute pasta recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
And it’s totally guilt free… I mean look at all those greens!
The first step is getting your water to boil and then to add in your whole-wheat pasta. After this, it’s onto steaming/roasting or microwaving your broccoli for just enough time to slightly soften it. While those two steps are underway, chop up a few almonds and roast them until golden brown to add on top of your pasta dish (this step is optional but makes a serious impact)!
And then it is as simple as throwing it all together and giving it a good mix up… that is it!
- 1 Pesto Princess jar – Basil & Chilli
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 1 pack fresh rocket (Woolworths)
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- Sprouts (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per pack instructions and don’t forget to add a good pinch of salt.
- Cut the broccoli into small bite-sized florets. Steam, oven roast or microwave cook your broccoli for a few minutes. You want to keep a bit of crunch in the broccoli for texture.
- Chop up the almonds and place them in the oven to toast up for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Drain the pasta and add the full jar of Basil & Chilli Pesto Princess. Mix well until all of the pasta is coated.
- Add the broccoli, rocket leaves, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Top with the roasted almonds and sprouts!
- Serve as a warm or cold salad.
Food can be a powerful tool in our lives which allows us to nourish and heal our bodies. It is up to us to create this positive relationship with food through creating incredibly delicious and nutritious meals (which can be done simply and cost-effectively)!
So if you try out my super simple Pesto Princess pasta dish, please let me know in the comments below! Or tag me @amber_gisele and @pesto_princess in your creations on Instagram I’ll share the love!
Let’s make this October Vegan Challenge month one of the tastiest of them all!
All my love,
Amber Gisele X